Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > maxisys 905 and drewtech vs maxisys 908p
maxisys 905 and drewtech vs maxisys 908p

3092 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2015-07-03 11:10:03

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    boomertek
    2015-07-02 09:36:10

hello, I have been researching new scan tools for a while, I have tried about 5 different scan tools and I really like the speed, coverage and user interface of the maxisys. I would like to expand the programming capabilities of the shop (currently use tech 2 only) which is what originally brought the maxisys 908p to my attention. My tool guy however did not have the 908p to try however so I was stuck with testing the 905 (which I loved) however a lot of my programming/coding questions went un-answered. as im sure some of these questions have been beat to death. there are some specific questions I cannot find the answers for. I am trying to decide on weather to get the 905 and get the drewtech jbox for programming (best of both worlds, small size in maxisys and great jbox) or just get the whole package in the 908p.

questions:

1. is the 908p all encompassed into the unit as it leads u to believe? if im gonna have to connect to the computer, I might as well just get the drew box and their support.

2. is there anything the 908p can do that the 905 cannot minus programming? for instance. coding? can u really say code a trailer module from off to on ? on a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee say? through the scanner?

3. I see a lot of complaints that say the programming capabilities (through the scanner) are very mis-leading. can u elaborate? if the programming/coding button is pretty much useless, and im gonna have to use a computer anyway... I would prefer to go with drewtech and the mini.

I guess what really made me like the maxisys pro is that it was all encompassed in one unit. so if the only benefit is that u get a jbox along with the scanner, id rather buy the smaller version (905) and buy a different jbox..

thanks for all ur input. any examples or reccomendations would be GREATLY appreciated.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-02 11:04:36 (Reply to:boomertek)

my 2 cents, I think the 908p in your case is a much better deal, money wise it will be much cheaper to get the 908p at 2300 to 2500 usd , than cardiaq m and 905  that will cost you about 1000 more. with the 908p you have benz and bmw to flash with at the moment, with  drew-tech you don't. a great deal for the price on the 908p  and  other vehicles will be added later , don't know when, but for now you must use the maxi-flash pro on line for the rest of the line up with a laptop and an oem sub, but so is the drew-tech for all vehicles. drew-tech  has a tool box software , 908p/maxi-flash pro don't and  does not need one if a maxisys is available. drew-tech is validated by all manufacturer  and  known to be one of the best pass-thru on the market if not the best, the maxi-flash pro is not validated  by anyone but it works great for the most part, at least on all the vehicles I tested it with, but that is just my opinion and not the general public.  now you can not go wrong with the 905 and drew-tech, I think it is a match made in haven. both the 905 and 908 do the same besides flashing/coding on line which is only available for the 908p,  but the way i see it they, autel is putting more effort into the 908p than the rest of them  lately and it is their top tool.good luck. 

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    boomertek
    2015-07-02 14:47:09 (Reply to:ede65)
     thanks for the input, that helps a lot. I think im gonna go the 905 and drewtech route. to be honest id rather spend the extra 1000$ now on a validated programmer then on a customers 1000$ module... love the autel maxisys software and everything else...I just don't feel they nailed down the programming yet... cant wait till they do tho!

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-02 15:15:59 (Reply to:boomertek)

good choice too, and good luck.

•   Level 6   
    (437) points
    Wild Bill

2015-07-03 11:10:00 (Reply to:boomertek)

I use the 908p and have never had an issue programming. It works great. I just have to
    use a laptop to program. Bmw you do not. It works through the maxisys. Also some
    ford also.

•   Level 6   
    (437) points
    Wild Bill

2015-07-03 11:10:03 (Reply to:boomertek)

I use the 908p and have never had an issue programming. It works great. I just have to
    use a laptop to program. Bmw you do not. It works through the maxisys. Also some
    ford also.
  Total1 Pages